Monday, July 16, 2007

i've always considered my lola mama as a fashionista. she has a closet full of clothes, bags, shoes.. too much that some of it are already stored in the the old girls' bedroom. i've always believed that's where i got my love for fashion as well.. passed on to my mom, then to me. Daughter & Mother anyway.. kara (my cousin) and i got bored while we were at my lola's house last sunday, when we decided to raid her closet. we always go to her whenever we need something like shoes or purses or accessories to match our outfit for an occassion, and she was always very glad to lend us her stuff! Roll so, last sunday i got 2 pairs of earrings and a fendi purse for free, hahaha. btw, i told my lola i was just going to "borrow" her bag.. but i actually don't have plans to return it. hehehe. here are pics of the stuff i got from my lola:
i just really love that pair of earrings!!! so vintage!Blings


and the bag too!!! ah, sooo love it!!!Yowza
my mom learned this from somewhere that the average person in a rural community allots about Php1,500.00 for his monthly food allowance. divide that by 30 (days), so he only has to spend around Php25.00 per meal. now, my dogs are already considered as part of our family. i have read that they are just supposed to be fed one full meal per day, but that definitely doesn't apply to my babies! they get 3 meals a day plus snacks in the afternoon, and sometimes even midnight snacks, no kidding. hehe. they're really spoiled, i know.. now back to the food allowance.. i was computing their daily "food allowance" and i was shocked with the result!
breakfast (consists of a piece of bread, x2 for my german shepherd) P2.00 x 8 = Php16.00 x 2 (since they get the same thing for snacks in the afternoon) = Php32.00 + additional cookies at about Php10 per pack = Php42.00 x 30 days = Php1,260.00 per month! and yet, that doesn't include their dogfood (for lunch and dinner) yet as well as those midnight snacks i was telling you earlier. good thing there are those cheapo dogfood available already.. geesh!! caring for a pet is really expensive.. i mean, adding on to their monthly food allowance is their vitamins and vet visits. its really like having a kid of your own! (7 kids in my case.) but i never really mind spending so much on them, the loyalty and love they give me back is just priceless. besides, they don't answer me back like kids do! hehehe.

No comments: